[Cryptography] Silly Diffie-Hellman question using XOR

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed Mar 5 22:56:33 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Stuart Longland <stuartl at longlandclan.yi.org
> wrote:
> Hi all,

...... >
> I was doing some thinking about ways of establishing shared secrets over
> a public medium.
>
> The use case here that I'm thinking of is for allowing authentication of
> individuals over a medium that prohibits encryption.  Examples of this
> would be some countries
> Anyone here have any thoughts on this?  Did I overlook something
> fundamental?

Perhaps two things.
a)   If (encryption is prohibited then this is also prohibited.

Once 'a' is resolved.
b) PGP/GnuPG  expense once communication is established is not
a big thing.  You and those you have established communication with
and have exchanged keys can cache public keys for as long as you trust
them.

Lastly from time to time we all overlook how difficult this topic is.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l