[Cryptography] Silly Diffie-Hellman question using XOR

realcr realcr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:01:07 EST 2014

Hey, Sorry for posting twice, I think I have now understood what you wrote.

Let us assume that Mallory is listening to the wire.
In your proposed protocol, in step 2 Alice sends A2, so A2 is known to
Mallory. Also Bob sends B2, so B2 is known to Mallory.

In step 3, Alice sends A1 ^ A2 ^ B2. As A2 and B2 are already known to
Mallory, it means that A1 is known to mallory.
In the same way, we get that B1 will be known to mallory.

Eventually, In the end of step 3 Mallory knows A1,A2,B1,B2. Thus she could
infer every secret that might be created in step 4.

real.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Stuart Longland <stuartl at longlandclan.yi.org