[Cryptography] The GOTO Squirrel! [was GOTO Considered Harmful]

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 4 01:55:14 EST 2014

Patrick Chkoreff <patrick at rayservers.net> writes:

>I'm not even sure how to make the unreachable-code option do *anything* yet!

That's because gcc's '-Wunreachable-code' does nothing.  That is, the compiler
accepts it as an option but doesn't do anything in response to it.  And don't
even get me started on the total braindamage of gcc's nonnull and ignored-
return-value handling, for which the latter is totally useless and the former
is so broken that it's too dangerous to ever use, making it literally worse
than useless.

(Yet another of the many reasons why the sooner clang/LLVM kills off gcc, the
better).

Peter.