[Cryptography] Btcoin -- bubble or investment opportunity?

Krisztián Pintér pinterkr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:44:24 EST 2014

disclaimer: i have absolutely no intention to listen to the video, i
managed to watch 5 minutes of the hour long earlier one, not a single
argument came up, i moved on.

but here is this:

Phillip Hallam-Baker (at Monday, March 3, 2014, 12:15:23 AM):
> My take "BitCoin is Stupid"
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW8Mn2FaxNY

> More precisely it is the Bitcoiners thinking they are going to get
> rich quick here because BitCoin is certain to replace money.

which one then? because being stupid and not getting you rich quick is
miles apart. everyone believing anything will get them rich quick are
either dreamers or gamblers or geniuses, and only the latter can
actually hope to achieve this goal. this tells *nothing* about bitcoin
though.

> But more importantly, currencies are a medium of exchange and I see
> no evidence that is happening

i see no evidence that Pluto has smaller hydrogen content than Io, but
it is largely due to the fact that i didn't even try. i personally
know a lot of places where you can actually pay with bitcoins. i don't
have a statistics about the investment/direct use ratio, but you seem
to only have a blank claim on the contrary. and even if it is
primarily used as investment ... so as gold. it does not invalidate it
as money. there is no rule what the correct ratio should be, as long
as the medium of exchange use exists.

so these arguments are non arguments, and i can only hope you have
something better in the video.