[Cryptography] Good GPG email solution for Windows (NOT Thunderbird)

Stuart Longland stuartl at longlandclan.yi.org
Sat Jun 28 18:14:37 EDT 2014

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 09:41:29 -0400, Bill Cox wrote:

> Thunderbird has failed me for many years across multiple machines and
> operating systems.  My poor experience may have to do with using their
> crappy accessibility interface with screen readers, so that may explain
why
> my experience is different from most.  Let's just say that Thunderbird
> totally and permanently sucks for my needs and move on to the next
solution.

Can't say I've had a problem with Thunderbird, then again, I don't use a
screen reader.  I take it they haven't been able to address the issue
when reported to them?

In any case, since you're asking about alternatives: the immediate
thought that comes to mind is mutt.  It's a ncurses email client and
should work in Cygwin and has built-in support for OpenPGP.

The question remains is how well Cygwin plays with screen readers.