[Cryptography] bitcoins over the air

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Tue Jun 17 20:59:53 EDT 2014

In case people are interested in a project of a friend of mine, Joel
Lehtonen (aka Zouppen) is on a fast track to implementing Bitcoin
transaction and blockchain broadcast over the airwaves. Everything is
half done, so he might need some help; at the same time that half-done
then also includes half the funding, half the code, and half the
negotiation with the Finnish monopoly DVB-T provider, Digita, to
actually broadcast the stuff to a couple of million strong. Even if it's
just a test, it's already well on its way to happening in a month or so;
so it will.

If people are willing to chip in, especially with funding, deeper code
knowhow, radio-fu, and the rest of the useful ones, do contact him, or
me (aka decoy), on FB/G+/IRCNet/freenode, or better yet join
#bitcoinradio on the latter.

In particular we don't have any idea of how to push transactions back
towards the network over any sort of cheap-to-free, preferably universal
radio path. If you do, even in a quilted fashion, we'd really like to
know. And since the only ones who're really allowed to experiment on
them waves today are hams, those of you who possess that qualification,
your input is in the direst of needs.

Finally, I hope this isn't too much off topic; it *is* about spreading a
cryptocurrency and finding its optimal OTA protocols, after all. Not
perhaps the most usual stuff on-list nowadays...but certainly the kind
of across-the-board architectural stuff the list started out with, in
the crypto days of yonder. I hope it fits.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy at iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2