[Cryptography] [cryptography] Dual EC backdoor was patented by Certicom?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Jun 16 17:58:45 EDT 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, ianG wrote:

> Indeed.  I'm fascinated to understand Certicom's business thinking. What
> is the business model behind patenting backdoors?

It's been a bit difficult following this thread, so feel free to correct
me (someone will), but my limited understanding, such as it is, is that
Certicom is calling it "key escrow", and who could possibly object to
that?  The Horsemen of the Crypto-Apocalypse, you know.  Kiddie-pr0n,
terrorism, anarchy, etc.

Death to software patents, and to those who promote them.

-- Dave