[Cryptography] ADMIN: A reminder about top posting

xor crypto at idlecore.com
Tue Jun 10 19:55:54 EDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 19:26 -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> A3: Please.
> Q3: Should I avoid top posting on this mailing list?
>
> A2: Because, by reversing the order of a conversation, it leaves the
>     reader without much context, and makes them read a message in an
>     unnatural order.
> Q2: Why is top posting irritating?
>
> A1: It is the practice of putting your reply to a message before the
>     quoted message, instead of after the (trimmed) message.
> Q1: What is top posting?
>
> [Yes, this is a periodic re-run, but it needs saying every few months.
> Also, please trim as much as possible from messages you are quoting in
> replies, keeping only the sections needed to maintain context for the
> reader.]
>
> Perry

When there is a relatively big post, and there are a couple of pieces of
the message we wish to comment on, should we quote the first piece,
comment bellow, then bellow the first comment quote the next piece, and
comment bellow, or is it better to quote all text, and then comment both
pieces bellow?