[Cryptography] Licensing OCB (RFC 7253)

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sun Jun 8 20:45:24 EDT 2014

I had a nice set of email exchanges with Phillip.  Questions about licensing should be directed to him. In general, for a one-time fee you can get an unlimited license to use.  I won't quote the number I was given. In addition, he said:
	As per the "Patent License for OpenSSL" (License 3), anyone who gets OCB
	via the OpenSSL library may freely use it, as far as any IP that I own, for realizing SSL/TLS.
	You are welcome to put me on record saying so in whatever cryptography list you are speaking of.

 I did not bother to ask if that's transferrable down to forks, like LibreSS.

Hope this helps.

	/r$

--
Principal Security Engineer