[Cryptography] ADMIN (sort of): Opportunistic TLS now turned on for list server

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Jun 8 15:56:18 EDT 2014

On 8/06/2014 20:38 pm, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Thanks to some help from Viktor Dukhovni, the mail server that runs
> the list is now doing opportunistic TLS for SMTP connections.
>
> This is, of course, not *entirely* important given that the list
> traffic is entirely public and archived, but it seemed like a good
> symbolic move.

It's important to eat ones own dog food.

As an aside, I've always been disturbed by maillists that publish all
the headers.  IPs and clients and the like.  I don't see the need for
this in discourse, and if there are disputes, the moderated list solves
that.

How easy is it to filter all that cruft out?  Is there any value in it
-- for us?

iang