[Cryptography] Back door competition for TrueCrypt fork?

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:46:21 EDT 2014

I need your guys opinion on the following idea.  I think it would enhance
security to have a back-door competition to keep our core developers
security auditing skills sharp.  However, there is some strong opposition
to the idea.  What do you guys think?

This is my slightly spelling corrected email sent to the list yesterday: