[Cryptography] GeekCrypt: A Secure Fork of TrueCrypt

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 10:54:39 EDT 2014

TrueCrypt must not die.  Therefore, crypto geeks must run the TrueCrypt
fork.  Announcing GeekCrypt:

    http://geekcrypt.net

Unfortunately, the truecrypt.ch guys aren't real crypto geeks.  Apparently,
they are out to make quick buck.  The TrueCrypt code needs severe KISS
defense to maintain it's security, which will be destroyed by the current
truecrypt.ch vision.

I truly do not wish to run a TrueCrypt fork, but I also can't stand by and
let the effort fail due to greed and incompetence.  I can defend the
TrueCrypt code base from insecure feature creep, but there are better
crypto coders out there, and certainly coders more able to find security
holes.  I've CC-ed two such coders.  If you are a good crypto coder, please
consider working with me on GeekCrypt (or whatever we eventually call it).

There wont be any financial rewards in this project.  We wont be anonymous,
and we will make every edit public.  The best reason for joining is to do
some public good.  Initial discussion can happen here, and an initial page
can be found at:

    http://geekcrypt.net

If you would like to be part of the team, please contact me:
waywardgeek at gmail.com.

Thanks,
Bill