[Cryptography] hard to trust all those root CAs

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sat Jul 26 07:22:24 EDT 2014

Hardly that simple. Crypto-use prosecutors reveal a range
of grand jury-approved charges to shock and awe the
defendant and attorney, supported by NSLs and affidavits
from crypto correspondents and associates; statements of
relatives and lovers; alleged documented kiddie porn
viewing or stalking; retrieved old accusations of minor
and major crimes; copies of hidden account bank
statements and evidence of tax avoidance; and a battery
of the usual (and legal lies) of investigators. Layout the
years of imprisonment facing the defendant and an offer
of a plea to save the state expense of a trial. Then show
how many previous defendants have succumbed to the
reality of defiance, its impact on family, friends and career.
Then show documents on the sentencing and jailing of
brave defiers.

Unless you have been through this, with much of it kept
secret to protect means and methods of investigation and
prosecution, prepare for an exciting first time on the actual
hot seat, not on TV or online where hypnotic disinfo rules
and seduces the unwary to believe tickling the comsec
tiger's tail is fantasic rep building.

Just in the last few years dozens of comsec-believing
tail ticklers have been given that miserable vacation in jail.
Thanks to the bountiful promo of delusional comsec by really
dedicated civil libertarians who rove free of barbed wire,
daily cleaning of toilets and restricted use of computers.

The upside of comsec lessons learned is to go on the
well-paid speakers jaunts worldwide to peddle dos and donts of
NSA-proof comsec. NSA will subsidize your start-up and vouch
for your credentials, so will prosecutors, wardens, former
friends, angry relatives and those crypto-users you ratted
on for lesser penalty..