[Cryptography] hard to trust all those root CAs

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Jul 23 17:30:02 EDT 2014

On 7/23/14 at 5:32 AM, jsd at av8n.com (John Denker) wrote:

>A question for each person on this list:  Are you sure
>that all of your communications with your banker, doctor,
>lawyer, mistresses, etc. move over networks that are immune to
>MITM attacks?  If so, please raise your hand.

I assume that all my email is as private as messages to this list.

I assume that the government can listen to my phone calls and IMs.

The one time I actually thought I was having a private
conversation was in a cave. We were in a passage that had never
been entered before. Hidden recording devices were a
possibility, but since we were in on a week-long trip, unlikely
without collusion from one of the participants. Too bad we
didn't have anything to say that required that level of security.

Cheers - Bill