[Cryptography] multi-key encryption of "meta" data

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 17 00:25:02 EDT 2014

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill at hallambaker.com> writes:

>Actually it was IBM and Microsoft who wanted to sell lots of high priced
>consultancy that was the problem with WS-*

I can't speak for MS, but I know that the implementation folks at IBM weren't
thrilled with the mess that it turned into either.  Hypothesising evil vendor
conspiracies is always popular, but in this case I think it was just a
standard result of design-by-committee [0].

Peter.

[0] A sufficiently determined single author can come up with a
    design-by-committee standard, so it's more a state of mind than a physical
    entity.