[Cryptography] Security clearances and FOSS encryption?

Rick Smith, Cryptosmith me at cys.me
Tue Jul 15 12:14:07 EDT 2014

I think our discussion is getting a little muddy: some authors are using "security clearance" when they really mean "employment" by a government agency (directly or as a contractor, including military and intel organizations).

The security clearance is a side-effect of one's employment.

And let me remind everyone, again, that you don't need a clearance or any public form of government employment in order to be a spy, confidential informant, or agent provocateur.