[Cryptography] Review: The Codebreaker, by David Kahn

Brian M. Waters brian at brianmwaters.net
Sat Jul 5 10:05:31 EDT 2014

On Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:52:39 -0400, Richard Outerbridge
<outer at interlog.com> wrote:
> Like Schneier, though, Kahn could have used a bit of a fact checking
> editor every once in a while, but hey, why let obscure facts get in
> the way of a great story?

I think at the time of the writing, Kahn might have been the
single-most knowledgeable person on non-governmental cryptography
outside the government. Hard to find a good editor in that case. At
least, that was roughly my impression after reading Levy's "Crypto,"
another great book.

Cheers,
BW

--