[Cryptography] cheap sources of entropy

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Jan 28 21:23:38 EST 2014

On 2014-01-29 10:40, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Unfortunately, though, in low entropy systems it takes a _really_ long
> time to reach an uncompromised state in the first place.

I don't think there are any low entropy systems.

You don't need entropy in a hurry unless you are on the network.  If on
the network, attacker cannot know everything about ever packet unless he
has physical access.  Hard drive generates a lot of entropy, timing skew
generates a lot of entropy, and any physical sensor, such as camera or
microphone, generates lots of entropy.