[Cryptography] Angry Cryptographers...

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 16:14:11 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam at gmail.com> wrote:
> This latest NSA atrocity is the last straw.
> http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-angry-birds-nsa-british-spy-surveillance-20140127,0,4194888.story#axzz2riz3A5TH

While I realize the subject is a play on the application of note in
the article, your words would appear to indicate it means something
for you personally as well.

"The last straw", a reference to the story of the straw that broke the
camel's back, often used as a modern English euphemism for "now I am
angry."  In the parochial words of an average bully, "what are you
going to do about it?"  Americans like to get angry about things now
and again, but rarely do more than grumble.  Grumble publicly if it
really has their knickers in a knot, and they might even write a
sternly-worded email to their "representatives" if they feel near
blood.  I am as guilty as any, ensconced in my warm office using
services provided by one of the very companies that gathers such
volumes of data.

Do we see the problem yet?  Do we care?