[Cryptography] RSA is dead.

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Tue Jan 21 19:47:14 EST 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 6:30 PM, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> (B) Have we forgotten that Photuris was adopted by acclamation at the
> Montreal IETF -- and then Cisco announced they were supporting
> ISAKMP/Oakley/IKE?
>
> My guess is forensic accounting would show that Cisco was paid, just as
> RSA was recently.  Whether it was a cash payment or just a promise that
> they'd be favorably considered in future bids....

And for bonus points, the resultant FUD kept me from doing anything inside Sun related to IPsec for at least a year.

BTW folks --> in spite of the fragmentation of the spec (KAME/WIDE vs. Solarish), you can write your own IPsec key exchange on most major UNIX platforms using PF_KEY.  As one of the authors of the spec - and expert on the Solarish (Oracle Solaris, Illumos) ones, I can help anyone with interfacing problems.

	ObBlog:  http://kebesays.blogspot.com/2005/06/pfkey-in-solaris-or-dude-wheres-my-spec.html

Dan