[Cryptography] Boing Boing pushing an RSA Conference boycott

Arnold Reinhold agr at me.com
Fri Jan 17 13:28:14 EST 2014

Some thoughts:

1. The notion that one can buy security software from a large American company that will reliably thwart the NSA is silly.

2. The notion that one can buy security software from any vendor and use the default settings indefinitely without access to independent cryptographic expertise to advise on new threats is silly.

3. If I were working for NSA tasked with with disrupting the independent cryptographic community's response to the Snowdon revelations, I'd be hard pressed to come up with a better idea than a boycott of the RSA conference.

Arnold Reinhold

Sent from my iPhone