[Cryptography] What is an attack, and what is not an attack?

Steve Furlong demonfighter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:02:38 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 4:51 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:

> ps; I did write a long point-wise reply, but it seemed voluminous and
who's got the time?

1. At the moment, me. (I'm babysitting and poking a few servers, which
involves many short breaks, too short for creating but perfect for getting
caught up on mailing lists.)

2. The NSA. I'm sure they're interested in the crypto and currency thoughts
of those who are not their pets.
3. Anyone in the future who's going through the list's backlist, whether to
get caught up or via a search engine.

Emphasizing all three cases is the demonstrable fact that you're in the
category of Not An Idiot.