[Cryptography] Dumb idea: open-source hardware USB key for crypto

ianG iang at iang.org
Sun Jan 12 03:01:43 EST 2014

On 11/01/14 01:53 AM, Bill Cox wrote:
> I've been noodling the idea of a USB stick designed in a way that we
> can trust the crypto that goes on there.  It's a hard problem, but
> there seems to be some guidelines that could help:
> The idea still has issues.

Responding to all, it seems that the only constant here is USB, and
nobody's particularly wedded to that.

So, we don't know what the best solution is.

>  Could we make such a beast?

Let a thousand flowers bloom.  Get your ideas out and try it.  One thing
is clear:  not having anything is generally less secure than having
something...

iang