[Cryptography] GOTO Considered Harmful

Patrick Chkoreff patrick at rayservers.net
Fri Feb 28 15:08:04 EST 2014

Derek Atkins wrote, On 02/28/2014 02:12 PM:

> Sorry, Patrick, but your code doesn't work, either.  Indeed, your code can
> be made to return success by having 'failed' turned on at the beginning.

All I did is refactor Apple's code into an equivalent form without goto.
 Anything you say about my code also applies to Apple's code.  That's
good though, since we might find more bugs that way.

I don't know exactly what you mean by the statement: "having 'failed'
turned on at the beginning".  Surely you don't mean doing this at the top:

  int failed = 1;

You don't get to alter my code and then complain about what would happen
if it were altered.  Or what did you mean?

-- Patrick