[Cryptography] The ultimate random source

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Fri Feb 14 17:22:44 EST 2014

On 2014-02-13, Joseph Ashwood wrote:

>> I have a solution to the random number generator problem that can be built
>> for about $50 and is completely verifiable.
>> [shake a flask of candy, take a picture]

I wonder... Might there be a random process which actually *can* be
verified? Say, something relying on quantum entanglement and the
uncertainty principle? So that you could somehow both have a stream of
random events and a separate verification stream which somehow lets you
(statistically) prove, after the fact, that whatever the other guy got
really was derived from a physically speaking indeterminate source?
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy at iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-40-3255353, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2