[Cryptography] cheap sources of entropy

James A. Donald Jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Feb 2 07:29:09 EST 2014

On 2014-02-02 21:40, Jerry Leichter wrote:
> There's no point in discussing this any further:  Those who say "not so" would (a) have a great deal of difficulty proving a negative; (b) have little interest in (in our opinion) wasting our time looking for something that isn't there.  So it's on you:  If you feel such variations will survive - prove it!

The only thing that could eliminate such variations is a process switch
on a low frequency timer, rather than the availability of data.  All the
other added complications, all the layers, all the virtualization, other
than switch on a low frequency time, will merely add more random
variation, rather than subtract existing variation

Now, if at any stage in the process, there was switching on a low
frequency time, it would show up, in that timing values on disk limited
processes would be exact multiples of that timer.

Which they are not.