[Cryptography] Certificates and PKI

Viktor Dukhovni cryptography at dukhovni.org
Sun Dec 28 19:38:19 EST 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 01:04:08PM -0700, Tony Arcieri wrote:

> On Sunday, December 28, 2014, Viktor Dukhovni <cryptography at dukhovni.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > "Fallback" is not a core part of the Opportunistic Security
> > definition.
> >

> Except I was talking about opportunistic encryption...

A few holdouts on the specific phrase notwithstanding, I encourage
you to take a few minutes to read the draft (soon to be RFC 7435).

This puts opportunistic use of encryption in a more comprehensive
context of potential opportunistic use of MiTM-resistant protocols.

I am not religious on the term, Opportunistic Security was accepted
as a rough consensus compromise, it'll have to do.

--
	Viktor.