[Cryptography] Certificates and PKI

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 16:33:44 EST 2014

Given the ballooning of disk space, it would be trivial to store the
certificates of all the websites in my browser history. A certificate is
only what, 10 kb?  Say I visit, 1024 websites, that's only 10 MB of
certificates. This way software only have to check if a certificate is
revoked. And revocations could easily be distributed via a p2p network.

So, IMO, the best certificate system would be:
self-signed certificates, whose authenticity is confirmed by a network of
notaries a la perspectives.
revocations distributed by the original server and a p2p network.