[Cryptography] GHCQ Penetration of Belgacom

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Thu Dec 18 16:49:15 EST 2014

At 01:18 PM 12/18/2014, John Denker wrote:
>On 12/18/2014 11:03 AM, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>That is, imagine what would happen if NSA put more resources into fixing stuff than into breaking stuff.

The NSA pissed in our soup, and we drank it.  (Actually, we're still drinking it.  Apologies to Alan Bennett)

>Here's a third hypothesis:  At some point the various players could get together and decide not to attack each other.

There's currently no way to enforce this, or even know what is happening, because attribution is so difficult.

The NKorea hypothesis re Sony is going to require one heck of a lot more evidence before anyone should believe it.

Sony currently reeks of "false flag".