[Cryptography] GHCQ Penetration of Belgacom

Jim Windle jim.windle at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:22:31 EST 2014

Malware masquerading as Microsoft code penetrate an western European
national telco.

"It was in the summer of 2012 that the anomalies were initially detected by
employees at Belgium’s largest telecommunications provider, Belgacom. But
it wasn’t until a year later, in June 2013, that the company’s security
experts were able to figure out what was going on. The computer systems of
Belgacom had been infected with a highly sophisticated malware, and it was
disguising itself as legitimate Microsoft software while quietly stealing
data."

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/13/belgacom-hack-gchq-inside-story/

--
Jim Windle