[Cryptography] North Korea and Sony

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Dec 12 18:31:28 EST 2014

On 12/12/14 at 7:06 AM, leichter at lrw.com (Jerry Leichter) wrote:

>BTW, it's this repurposing of the user ID mechanism that makes
>it complicated to support multiple users on devices running
>these OS's.

I think Polaris dynamically added UserIDs as needed. I don't see
how that would interfere with having two or more users on a
machine, as long as the "real" users had different names from
the shadow IDs, and that could be done with a naming convention.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | The first thing you need when  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | using a perimeter defense is a | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | perimeter.                     | Los Gatos,
CA 95032