[Cryptography] North Korea and Sony

Andreas Briese ab at bri-c.de
Wed Dec 10 12:42:35 EST 2014

Am 10.12.2014 um 17:41 schrieb ianG <iang at iang.org>:

> E.g., Did we not predict this?  Did we not prepare?  Did we not know how to prepare?  Was it considered an acceptable risk?

It was foreseeable and had been predicted. Companies, universities, banks and individuals became vulnerable in the past and will be in future because they first go the way of low costs high risk until they learn to invite / engage secIT.

Something i learned these days from another hyped start-up: first develop server & mobile apps, then do the UI tests, then - eventually - ask somebody about the security issues that might be involved, then find out it conflicts with user experience (because implemented on top instead of inside), then leave it because UE comes fist to grow ..- then wait until it breaks (try to exit before).

Andreas