[Cryptography] cost-watch - the cost of the Target breach

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Dec 7 01:09:18 EST 2014

On Sat, 6 Dec 2014, Jerry Leichter wrote:

> The British banks have always been much better at fobbing responsibility
> off on consumers than the American banks - hardly something to be proud
> of.  (I don't know what the "state of play" is in the rest of the
> world.)

If it's any help, Australian law tends to follow British law, and is
slowly rolling out C&P; Europe, of course, has had it for ages.

And yes, Australian banks used to sue their customers too, for such things
as reporting weaknesses in their own systems.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)