[Cryptography] Why Alexander Hanff won't be using "Let's Encrypt"

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Wed Dec 3 13:54:25 EST 2014

>  What's more,
> given the historical evidence, there is a strong chance that such orders will be
> for "super master keys" allowing them to pretend to be whomever they like
> and it will be done under the guise of National Security

This is the point where I think Mr Hanff went off the rails.  What is a super mater key for a CA?  The private signing key?
But at any point, Certificate Transparency would address this and is under consideration by Lets Encrypt.

--
Principal Security Engineer, Akamai Technologies
IM: rsalz at jabber.me Twitter: RichSalz