[Cryptography] Google proposes a Web of Trust replacement to solve the key distribution problem.

Phil Pennock md-cryptography at spodhuis.org
Sat Aug 30 01:57:46 EDT 2014

On 2014-08-29 at 16:33 +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > Crash and burn: the existing public key servers for PGP have already
> > received EU-based privacy takedown notices for keys, after someone
> > protested their public key being publicly listed, together with their
> > name.
>
> Let me see if I got that straight.  Someone objected to their public key
> being, err, public?

To provide more concrete references:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2010-09/msg00009.html
  [Sks-devel] keyserver.pramberger.at terminating

The "Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG 2000)" was cited; the law was
murky; a well-respected keyserver operator ended up shutting down his
keyserver.

-Phil