[Cryptography] toll bills, was Encryption opinion

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Aug 28 02:37:35 EDT 2014

On Wed, 27 Aug 2014, Jerry Leichter wrote:

> Interesting way to look at it.  In some ways it's *three*-factor:  The
> photograph the driver's face, too.  But in actual use, the normal
> pathways only use one factor (almost always transponder ID; sometimes
> plate) - both "something you have", as it happens.

Giggle.  Australia considered front-facing cameras in situations such as
speed cameras, red-light cameras, etc, but in an astonishing display of
common sense our politicians quickly abandoned the idea when they realised
that the dolly-bird seated next to them may not be their SO...

Getting back to crypto land, a bunch of photos were thrown out of court
due to a technicality; it seems that legislation called for a "symbol" to
be visible as some sort of authentication, but no such symbol was present
in the images.  Naturally, this was quickly fixed.

-- Dave