[Cryptography] The role of the IETF in security of the Internet: for or against the NSA? for or against the security of users of the net?

Donald Eastlake d3e3e3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 07:32:53 EDT 2014

I am reminded of multiple blind men describing an elephant from
tactilely interacting with various parts of it.

"participation" .ne. "successful participation"

There are usually between 100 and 150 Working Groups active in the
IETF. And that's ignoring individual and independent submissions which
can also progress to being an RFC. They really don't all work the same
way in the sense that you used the word "work". My statement is based
on my experience in chairing five different IETF WGs in three
different areas, participating in many more, and currently being the
sixth most prolific RFC author or all time.

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3 at gmail.com