[Cryptography] cryptography Digest, Vol 12, Issue 31

Peter Trei petertrei at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:17:00 EDT 2014

Tim Hudson <tjh at cryptsoft.com> wrote:

> On 30/04/2014 7:46 AM, Robert Hettinga wrote:
> > On Apr 29, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "We're the NSA.  We hear you."
> > RSA put out a poster with that on it 20 years ago.
>
> And I have two of those posters on the wall in the office ... they are
> relatively scarce items - and rather nicely produced.
> The posters are not actually dated ... but they are certainly pre-2000
> from memory.
>
> "A good marketing organization listens to its customers. WE HEAR YOU.
> Your National Security Agency"
>
> Including 1995 artwork from Tom Tomorrow.

Remember 'Sink Clipper!'?

Here's something more recent.

http://danialhallock.com/storage/post-images/nsa.jpg

When shirts bearing this image appeared on Zazzle, the NSA had them pulled.
It took a lawsuit to stop the NSA's supression of free speech:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/its-ok-to-parody-the-nsa/

Peter Trei