[Cryptography] Heartbleed and fundamental crypto programming practices

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sun Apr 27 17:28:22 EDT 2014

On 4/27/14 at 9:34 AM, leichter at lrw.com (Jerry Leichter) wrote:

>I'm sure there are others - and in the case of crypto, we
>strongly suspect that in addition to all the usual factors,
>there's been active subversion as well.

I have this occasional dream. I'm having a candid conversation
with a NSA person. He tells me, "No, we didn't have to subvert
the standard. We just had to step back and let you do it yourselves."

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | "The only thing we have to   | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | fear is fear itself." - FDR  | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | Inaugural address, 3/4/1933  | Los Gatos,
CA 95032