[Cryptography] [cryptography] Is it time for a revolution to replace TLS?

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Apr 25 04:42:33 EDT 2014

Tony Arcieri <bascule at gmail.com> writes:

>http://clearcryptocode.org/tls/
>
>Probably not going to happen, but it's nice to dream...

And it is a dream.  This is another one of the "let's replace TLS with My Pet
Secure Protocol and then we'll be safe", ignoring the fact that an
implementation of MPSP can and will be just as buggy as an implementation of
TLS.  As with "let's replace C with My Pet Programming Language", you can
write crap in any language you want.  The problem isn't the language, or
protocol, or OS, or whether you use a Qwerty or Dvorak keyboard, but the
culture that creates the implementation.

Peter.