[Cryptography] Apple and OpenSSL

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 24 05:09:36 EDT 2014

ianG <iang at iang.org> writes:
>On 21/04/2014 07:45 am, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>> I use a slightly different approach: Don't assume a C API/ABI.  If your API
>> can deal with C, Java, Perl, Tcl, Delphi, and Visual Basic, all via the single
>> API,
>
>What rules/guidelines do you use to achieve that?

See Dennis' followup message, use access methods (get/set/delete) rather than
direct access to internal members.  One side-effect of this is that it
requires a reasonably well thought-out API, so that you don't end up having to
call a dozen set-value methods for each operation you want to perform.

Peter.