[Cryptography] Simpler programs?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sat Apr 19 11:11:58 EDT 2014

On 4/19/14 at 9:55 PM, ben at links.org (Ben Laurie) wrote:

>>Object are really an old idea. However, if properly used, they can provide
>>security barriers within an application. Java does a good job here as do a
>>number of other languages. Java lost out in the desktop market because it
>>took forever for the Java Virtual Machine to initialize itself. This problem
>>admits to several solutions and other object languages do not have this
>>problem.
>
>I think this is simplistic. Also, Java doesn't really do a good job
>because of reflection.

When I last looked closely -- Java 1.3 -- reflection couldn't
access private variables. Have they changed that? (I always
worry about people adding new features that break the security
invariants I am depending on.)

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | I like the farmers' market   | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | because I can get fruits and | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | vegetables without stickers. | Los Gatos,
CA 95032