[Cryptography] Is it time for a revolution to replace TLS?

Judson Lester nyarly at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:18:02 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Tony Arcieri <bascule at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://clearcryptocode.org/tls/
>
> Probably not going to happen, but it's nice to dream...

So much poorly supported hate for ASN.1 in there. Especially
surprising that they imply that JSON would be better (or two of the
headline articles in the referenced at
http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~sergey/langsec/).

I'll grant that TLS is complicated, and there's some truth to there
being a misnomer, but I'm a little leery of comparisons between a
broadly distributed implementation and hypothetical or experimental
systems.

Judson