[Cryptography] The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in OpenSSL

tpb-crypto at laposte.net tpb-crypto at laposte.net
Tue Apr 8 16:35:46 EDT 2014

> Message du 08/04/14 22:18
> De : "ianG"
> A : tpb-crypto at laposte.net, cryptography at metzdowd.com, cryptography at randombit.net
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [Cryptography] The Heartbleed Bug is a serious vulnerability in OpenSSL
>

> On 8/04/2014 21:02 pm, tpb-crypto at laposte.net wrote:
>
> > You said you control a quite famous bug list.
>

> Not me, you might be thinking of the other iang?
>
> > I should not ask this here, but considering the situation we found ourselves regarding encryption infrastructure abuse from the part of US government ... I'm just curious and can't resist it.
>
> the shoe turns, the knife fits...
>
> > How much are you being paid to give such dangerous and preposterous advice? Or, who are your handlers?
>

> Nothing, nix. I wish. Please!?
>
> At this stage it is customary to post a bitcoin address but I don't even
> have one of them....

Interesting way to try avoid answering about the subject directly. You should know that bad advice is noticed and sooner than you may think, your reputation falls between your fingers like sand and nobody will pay attention to your crazy rants anymore.

Which is a good payout for someone that sells his soul for so little.

Regarding automated exploit tools that will be used to cause enormous damage related to this bug, well they are already being devised and are in their earliest stages, but perfectly workable:

https://www.mattslifebytes.com/?p=533