[Cryptography] ideas for (long) Nothing up my sleeve numbers

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed Apr 2 18:41:27 EDT 2014

http://www.lbl.gov/Science-Articles/Archive/pi-random.html

Based on the above I suspect that for this purpose Pi will do.

For an offset into the billions of digits of Pi
I would discard a sane number of digits
based on the digits right of the dp of Pi itself from
math.h i.e.
   lseek(1415926535897^9323846bits) into PI.  ^ marks what seems sane to me.

Thus the only thing needed is a published value
of Pi with a lot of bits sufficient to suffer tossing
many bits away.

1415926535897 does have prime factors.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=factor%281415926535897%29
But not an obvious power of two (byte, int, long, long long.... cache line)
should you wish to eliminate some machine friendly factors.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l