[Cryptography] Microsoft announces new email encryption misfeature?

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 14:35:22 EST 2013

Is this the result of that Data Layer security some Microsoft people have
been pushing in IETF as PLASMA?

That was some pretty high grade security going on. But the problem is one
of usability. I would certainly NOT describe PLASMA as epic fail security
wise. But making it work securely would likely require a lot of
infrastructure and I am not sure all of that really exists yet.

The three most important security lessons from Snowdonia are:

1) The insider threat will get anyone.
2) Data level security is essential
3) Usability is critical, security people won't use is useless.