[Cryptography] (no subject)

Lodewijk andré de la porte l at odewijk.nl
Sun Nov 24 07:38:16 EST 2013

I think assumption 1 is not valid. Granny can't actually make well reasoned
choices about those other subjects (although that's unrelated). And the
concept should be easier to explain than an insurance policy. More vitally
I don't really know why she'd have to know what it is. She just has to know
how to use it.

Any possible whole system breaks on assumption #3. #2 can be made to be
transparent by other geeks. #1 is avoidable.

You can see blockchain.info's wallet for a demonstration of how system
security is the only true fatal flaw to an otherwise decent (but not by any
means perfect) crypto implementation.