[Cryptography] Dark Mail Alliance specs?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sun Nov 24 01:56:42 EST 2013

On 11/23/13 at 3:44 AM, iang at iang.org (ianG) wrote:

>Yes.  This gets into the fallacy of signing -- what is the
>statement being signed?  For PGP it is "I met this person,
>maybe."  For the CAs, it is "the person had some identity docs, maybe."

The one time I used the web of trust for a PGP key it was for my
own key. (I usually get a fingerprint directly from a person.)

I needed to send some confidential information from work to
home. I didn't have my key fingerprint with me, or my key. I
downloaded my key from a key server. It was signed by Carl
Ellison, who I trusted to not have signed any other "Bill
Frantz" key. I had Carl's business card with his key
fingerprint, so I was able to complete the trust chain. QED.

Cheers - Bill