[Cryptography] Ah, The Circles of Life

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Wed Nov 6 09:38:35 EST 2013

I saw a tweet by Bruce Schneier about elliptic curve cryptography,
recommending an article on Ars Technica.

I start reading it, am reminded of the mysteriously chosen parameters of
the NIST RNG, and that I read about how to choose such things in a
public and honest way.

And that for makes me wonder about pi, but in hex.  (Can't remember the
question before, but all things are new to me at least once.) So I
google "pi in hex".

And the page I go to begins:
> Here is PI in hexadecimal. I got the values from this
> <http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=2455> ZIP
> file from Bruce Schneier's site.

Ah, the circles of life.  (Or, possibly the incestuous nature of life.)

-kb, the Kent who needs to get back to the Ars article now.