[Cryptography] Snowden "fabricated digital keys" to get access to NSA servers?

Russ Nelson nelson-cryptography at crynwr.com
Sat Jun 29 23:43:46 EDT 2013

John Denker writes:
 > It is against NSA policy to attach a thumb drive.  I betcha some
 > folks really want to know how he did that without getting caught.

Take a mouse. Remove its own electronics. Substitute a Teensy 2 which
emulates a mouse AND a thumb drive, but only after a certain
combination of mouse keys is pressed. Later, at your leisure, remove
the micro-sd card and stick it inside a hollow nickle. Walk out with
it. Leave the mouse. Easy-peasy.

Trust nothing that plugs into a USB port. Not even an extender cable.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog